[Discussion] Suricata 1.0.0 released

Victor Julien victor at inliniac.net
Thu Jul 1 11:48:49 EDT 2010

The OISF development team is proud to announce Suricata 1.0.0, the first
stable release of Suricata, the Open Source Intrusion Detection and
Prevention engine.

Get the new release here:
http://www.openinfosecfoundation.org/download/suricata-1.0.0.tar.gz

New features

- Support for the tag keyword was added.
- Support for DCERPC over UDP was added.

Improvements

- CUDA was fixed and it's performance was improved a lot
- Fix short HTTP sessions sometimes not being parsed properly.
- Duplicate signatures are now detected, the signature with the highest
revision is used.
- Uricontent inspection was improved.
- alert debuglog now also prints flow information, including flowbits.
- Pattern searching was improved in general and specially also for DCE
traffic.

Known issues & missing features

As always, we are doing our best to make you aware of continuing
development and items within the engine that are not yet complete or
optimal.  With this in mind, please notice the list we have included of
known items we are working on.

See http://redmine.openinfosecfoundation.org/projects/suricata/issues
for an up to date list and to report new issues. See
http://redmine.openinfosecfoundation.org/projects/suricata/wiki/Known_issues
for a discussion and time line for the major issues.