[Oisf-announce] The next OISF Brainstorming Session will be held at RSA 2011 in San Francisco!

Matthew Jonkman jonkman at emergingthreatspro.com
Mon Jan 10 12:47:05 EST 2011

We plan to meet in the Moscone Center on Wednesday February 16, 2011 during RSA. We plan to start at noon, a light lunch will be served so please RSVP early so we can plan for you.

If you are not planning to attend RSA you can still come to our meeting free of charge. Let us know and we will get you a code to register for a free expo only pass (normally $100).

We'll have an official agenda out shortly. The overall goals of the meeting will be:

Update on the status of the Project and Funding
New board member election and update
Discussion of Existing Bugs/Feature Requests
Review of our Tentative Phase Two Development Roadmap
Open floor for New Ideas and Features
Finalization of Phase Two Development Roadmap

Much of the coding team will be there, so come and discuss your ideas and gripes. We need to know what you want in your IDS!

If you're interested in consortium membership this is a perfect time to stop in and talk in person about what it might entail and what benefits you would enjoy. The team will be in town a day or so before and after the meeting, plenty of time to talk!

So please, RSVP if you believe you can make it to the meeting by sending an email to meeting at openinfosecfoundation.org.  Come meet the team, get a free lunch, and make sure your next IDS does what YOU need it to do!

Matthew Jonkman
Emergingthreats.net
Emerging Threats Pro
Phone 765-807-8630