[Oisf-devel] Suricata Spec File for openSUSE 11.x

Tedi Heriyanto tedi.heriyanto at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 15:28:51 UTC 2010

Dear Steve,

On 03/11/2010 09:57 PM, Steve Grubb wrote:
> boot. You can look at my sources here:
>
> http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/rpms/suricata/devel/
>
> Their are still two issues that I think need solving before people start using
> this. One was pointed out by Pierre Chifflier...suricata is not writing out a
> pid file. This is necessary for the daemon to be controlled properly by the
> initscripts. This should be about a 20 line patch. I may send a patch today
> addressing this if no one else does.
>
> The other is that its dissecting malicious packets while running as root. It
> really needs to run under another account and perhaps retain some
> capabilities. I sent a patch for this already, but the discussion trailed
> off...
Thank you very much for your corrections. I will test and included in my spec file.

Do your sources already included the patches you mention ?

--
Best Regards,

Tedi Heriyanto
Website		: http://tedi.heriyanto.net
Blog		: http://theriyanto.wordpress.com
PGP Key ID      : 0xAC22DD11
PGP Fingerprint : 470A FF01 B4CF 93A4 78E5 0EAC 0103 BC76 AC22 DD11