[Oisf-devel] Suricata Development Meeting Update

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Wed Mar 17 16:39:04 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 16 March 2010 05:30:23 am Victor Julien wrote:
> > But one question that I have is whether or not you intend to have
> > any  bugfix releases between now and the RC? IOW, would the team be
> > taking care of some of the little problems that have been reported
> > before integrating big new features?
>
> Steve, we're planning an intermediate release in about 2 weeks. Please
> see https://redmine.openinfosecfoundation.org/projects/roadmap/suricata
> It's subject to change, but it should be the most accurate info!

Thanks for the update. There are a couple minor issues that hopefully are
addressed along the way.

1) The distributed config file produces warnings
2) When in daemon mode, important messages should go to syslog and not the
console. As a daemon, its also a bit verbose and prints info to the screen
that it probably shouldn't.
3) Each source code file should have copyright and license info. The text of
the license does not need to be included, just a reference that file is covered
by the terms in the COPYING file is good enough.

Thanks,
-Steve