[Oisf-devel] 1.3, 1.4, next

Victor Julien victor at inliniac.net
Fri Dec 14 10:35:05 UTC 2012

Hi all,

So with 1.4 out the door we have a new stable. However, we're keeping
1.3 around for a few more months to give everyone the chance to plan
updating to 1.4. Of course, we think 1.4 is a lot better than anything
we released before, so we do recommend updating as soon as you can.

Continued support for 1.3 means we'll do more releases to fix critical
issues. We'll probably include trivial fixes of smaller problems. When
talking about critical issues I mean crash cases mostly. Anything else
will be fixed only in 1.4 and up.

Moving forward, we'll open our dev branch on 1.5 (or shall we jump to
2.0 already?) after the 1.4.1 or 1.4.2 release, which I hope to be doing
sometime in mid-January. But we'll see how things go.

If you have patches you need to get included, please open a pull request
on github. Also, I think it's a good idea to announce those requests on
the oisf-devel list. So everyone on the list is notified and can help
review and test.

Cheers,
Victor