[Oisf-devel] [COMMIT] OISF branch, master, updated. suricata-1.2.1-56-g337f786

Pierre Chifflier chifflier at wzdftpd.net
Thu Feb 16 21:28:49 UTC 2012

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 03:18:05PM -0600, noreply at openinfosecfoundation.org wrote:
> commit 69b3df96fba4ebff03d89bf63c2f334dd10b0259
> Author: Victor Julien <victor at inliniac.net>
> Date:   Thu Feb 16 19:27:05 2012 +0100
>
>     Initial on the fly MD5 calculation for extracted files using libnss.

Hi all,

This commit adds, to my understanding, a dependency on libnss as a
crypto library.
Having a crypto backend may prove useful for other needs (compute a hash
of certificates, for example), but I'm wondering about the particular
choice of libnss. Do we have reasons for using nss vs other
implementations ? (nettle, openssl, polarssl) ?
I'm not arguing against, just mentioning that it may be important for
further work.

Regards,
Pierre