[Oisf-devel] [COMMIT] OISF branch, master, updated. suricata-1.3beta1-94-ge3764b9

Pierre Chifflier pollux at debian.org
Fri Jun 8 15:58:48 UTC 2012

> commit 270ea253a24f1759d9c36d6b34abd6360c5633b0
> Author: Anoop Saldanha <poonaatsoc at gmail.com>
> Date:   Fri May 18 21:18:30 2012 +0530
>
>     ssl parser fix/updates

Hi all,

This commit really looks wrong to me. Not only does it change
everything, but it also break some features.
For example, it removes the ability to extract the ciphersuite,
compression method etc. from the handshake.

It deletes the function DecodeTLSHandshakeServerHello which is really
important for all of the TLS functions. (see changes on files
rc/detect-ssl-version.c and rc/detect-ssl-version.h)

I have not reviewed all of the patch, but most changes are really
intrusive so I would ask either to revert it, or to split it into
smaller parts. It would also be nice to warn people working on other
branches before pushing such big changes, as it completely breaks work
from Eric and I.

Cheers,
Pierre