[Oisf-devel] SigTest06B2g: Core with Unit Test failure on latest git version of Suri.

Victor Julien victor at inliniac.net
Tue May 22 11:34:01 UTC 2012

On 05/22/2012 01:28 PM, Marcos Rodriguez wrote:
>     Ah, I could reproduce it now. The problem is that these two are not
>     meant to be used at the same time:
>
>     --enable-unittests
>     --enable-debug-validation
>
>     The debug validation is only meant to be used when processing packets
>     (either from a pcap or from the wire).
>
>     --
>     Victor Julien
>     http://www.inliniac.net/
>     PGP: http://www.inliniac.net/victorjulien.asc
>
> Thanks, Victor.  That's good info.  I'd assumed that the debugs would
> provide more verbose output for tests, etc.  That's what I get for
> assuming, heh!

The debug validation option enables some integrity tests at runtime. For
example making sure a flow is locked before it is modified. Making sure
data structures cannot have conflicting settings, etc.

If you want more info about the unittests, regular debug mode can help:

--enable-debug

Then, set the debug level from the commandline:

SC_LOG_LEVEL=Debug suricata -u

This will be very verbose. You can also add the SC_LOG_OP_FILTER to
limit the output, it is grep-like:

SC_LOG_LEVEL=Debug SC_LOG_OP_FILTER="(something|somethingelse)" suricata -u

This example will show all lines (debug, info, and all other levels)
that contain either something or somethingelse.

Cheers,
Victor