[Oisf-devel] Suricata latest git version: core dump.

Marcos Rodriguez marcos.e.rodriguez at gmail.com
Fri May 25 14:31:40 UTC 2012

> Bug triggers in libmagic, but is probably caused in the file extract code.
>
> Are you able to reproduce this with a pcap file?

> Victor Julien
> http://www.inliniac.net/
> PGP: http://www.inliniac.net/victorjulien.asc
>
> Hi Victor, et al,

Just tried against some pcaps and was able to reproduce the condition.  The
bt full is attached for your review.

On another note, is there a mechanism in place to set a pcap filter to scan
more than one pcap?  To scan a directory, right now I'm doing:

find /path/to/pcap_dir1 -name \*.pcap > pcap.list

for i in `cat pcap.list`; do ./bin/suricata -c /path/to/suri.yaml -r $i;
done

Are there any plans in place to add --pcap-filter and --pcap-dir types of
options as in Snort?   Way off topic, but thought I'd ask since I was here.
 :o)

marcos