[Oisf-devel] lua (jit) script keyword

Victor Julien victor at inliniac.net
Wed Sep 5 16:17:04 UTC 2012

On 09/05/2012 06:07 PM, Peter Manev wrote:
> What is the advantage?
> Besides the fact of course that you can add your own script execution,
> in other words
> what is it that a Lua script gives you that you can not use a rule
> language  for?
> is Lua pattern matching, better and faster than PCRE? - how much
> time/coding would it be needed, if so?

It's a whole scripting language, so there will be much more flexibility
when it comes to detection. We'll have to see how this will perform, so
it's hard to say how useful it will be. But I think for starters we
should threat it like pcre, in other words try to add prefilters like
regular "content" matches.