[Oisf-devel] new storage api (wip)

Victor Julien victor at inliniac.net
Fri Mar 15 09:55:06 UTC 2013

On 03/14/2013 03:36 PM, עמית קליינמן wrote:
> Ok, thanks for the feedback.
> Is there anything I can do in order to advance this storage feature? I
> am willing to take tasks and to contribute. How can I get involved?
>
> On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 5:32 PM, Victor Julien <victor at inliniac.net
> <mailto:victor at inliniac.net>> wrote:

>     We're actually adding some storage api soon. Until then it's not trivial
>     to do what you want. Using alstate is definitely not the way it's
>     supposed to work and might break things elsewhere.

Made my dev branch available here:
https://github.com/inliniac/suricata/tree/dev-storage-api

Implemented a low level generic api, with a host implementation only
right now.

Low level is: util-storage.[ch]
Host implementation: host-storage.[ch]

Tag and Threshold are switched over to use it, see these commits:

https://github.com/inliniac/suricata/commit/af4f49566f17ff160d12f851c75cc8ed82141d1a

https://github.com/inliniac/suricata/commit/187943d7070d48537b048140ea32d6a259a542bb

Planning to do support for flow soon, so modules can register their own
storage.

Cheers,
Victor