[Oisf-devel] Oisf-devel Digest, Vol 39, Issue 9

Prabhakaran Kasinathan prabhakaran1989 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 14:47:22 UTC 2013

> Message: 4
> Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 16:41:11 +0100
> From: Victor Julien <victor at inliniac.net>
> To: oisf-devel at openinfosecfoundation.org
> Subject: Re: [Oisf-devel] Oisf-devel Digest, Vol 35, Issue 18
>
> On 03/08/2013 12:36 PM, Prabhakaran Kasinathan wrote:
> > I would like to start this thread again, Since I am looking for Anomaly
> > detection in Suricata.
> > I read from your blogs and previous updates from suricata that, your
> > team were also working on anomaly detection on suricata.
>
> Not sure what you're referring to here.

http://www.openinfosecfoundation.org/index.php/component/content/article/1-latest-news/146-suricata-brainstorming-session-feb-7-2012

In this it was mentioned (Anomaly Detection Potential)

> > In particular my needs are, with some basic functions like, profile
> > generation on a particular interface and trigger events in case of
> > deviation from normal reference profile.
> >
> > I found this preprocessor in snort. i.e an Anomaly Detector
> > (http://anomalydetection.info/) . It looks interesting.
> >
> > Is there someway to integrate this existing plugin into suricata?
>
> There probably is, but our API's are not compatible to Snort, so it will
> require quite a bit of dev work.
>
> --

Where should I start looking to integrate or to develop similar kind of
Anomaly detection plugin ?  Does Suricata have such plugin capability?