[Oisf-devel] RFC: Netmap support for Suricata (WIP)

Tom DeCanio td at npulsetech.com
Tue May 7 21:33:20 UTC 2013

Leonardo da Silva and I have been working on adding Netmap support to
Suricata.  The code here is still a work in progress.  The code has
been based on the af-packet support for Suricata and is intended to provide
functionality similar to that provided by af-packet.

This will eventually support both IDS and IPS modes of operation as
does af-packet.  Some testing of the current version of the code has
been done on the IDS mode of operation.  IPS support is still a work
in progress, at this point largely by making edits based on af-packet
source code.  At this point IPS support is not expected to work.

The code lives at https://github.com/decanio/suricata-np/tree/dev-netmap.

At indicated this is still work in progress, but comments are welcome.

Leonardo and I will follow up here as we continue to develop the code.

Regards;
Tom
The information contained herein is for the exclusive use of the original recipient.  This information is granted for limited distribution within the recipient's organization for planning purposes only.  Further dissemination, whether private or public, is prohibited and may be covered under a non-disclosure agreement.