[Oisf-devel] Fwd: Suricata latest daily build GIT master packages are now also available on Ubuntu PPA (Launchpad)

Peter Manev petermanev at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 06:02:18 UTC 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Peter Manev <petermanev at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 8:00 AM
Subject: Suricata latest daily build GIT master packages are now also
available on Ubuntu PPA (Launchpad)
To: oisf-users <oisf-users at openinfosecfoundation.org>

Hi ,

 Suricata  latest daily build, git master packages are now also available
for Ubuntu on Ubuntu PPA (Launchpad).

This is separate to our stable PPA packages.

Our git master packages are build on a daily basis (if any changes are
committed/uploaded/made to our git master repo) , using the latest libhtp
0.5.x branch as well.

   - 10.04 Lucid
   - 12.04 Precise
   - 12.10 Quantal
   - 13.04 Raring
   - 13.10 Saucy

 32 and 64 bit packages available.

*T*he packages are build-in with:*
*

   - *IPS (nfqueue) *
   - *GeoIP*
   - *NSS  enabled* (aka MD5 enabled, ready to use out of the box
   installation. More info:
   https://redmine.openinfosecfoundation.org/projects/suricata/wiki/MD5<https://redmine.openinfosecfoundation.org/projects/suricata/wiki/MD5>).

There is also available "suricata-dbg" (Suricata with enabled debug
features) package ready to use out of the box install:
"sudo apt-get install suricata-dbg".

Suricata  latest daily git master packages are available from our
suricata-daily repository.

How to use the latest git master packages (bottom of the page):
https://redmine.openinfosecfoundation.org/projects/suricata
/wiki/Ubuntu_Installation_-_Personal_Package_Archives_%28PPA%29

Thanks

--
Regards,
Peter Manev