[Oisf-devel] Helloworld Detection Plugin not working completely

Paul Mroszczyk paul.mroszczyk.1 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 16:11:10 UTC 2014

Hello everyone. I have a question that might be a no-brainer who's
tried this before. I'm trying to write a detection plugin for
Suricata, and I started off with the official helloworld plugin
(https://redmine.openinfosecfoundation.org/projects/suricata/wiki/Packet_Inspection_Module).
It compiles and runs, but the only function that I see ever called it
the registration function (void DetectHelloWorldRegister(void)),
nothing else. Setup function does not get called, neither does a
matching function. Is it maybe a matter of configuration? What am I
doing wrong?

I used the configuration that is installed by "make install-full".

Paul Mroszczyk