[Oisf-devel] Develop a pre-processor for a TCP based protocol

Adrian Falk adrianfalk2 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 14:51:43 UTC 2014

Thanks Victor. This is exactly what I was looking for.

Following are an observation and a follow-up question.

Observation: A cosmetic nit I saw when I pulled in the modbus files and ran
Suricata. In the file app-layer-detect-proto.c add the following changes to
fix this cosmetic nit:
688,689d687
        else if (pp_pe->alproto == ALPROTO_MODBUS)
            printf("        alproto: ALPROTO_MODBUS\n");
739,740d736
    else if (pp_pe->alproto == ALPROTO_MODBUS)
        printf("        alproto: ALPROTO_MODBUS\n");

Follow-up question: Is there a file that you can point me to that performs
packet reassembly at L7.

Thanks.