[Oisf-devel] Management over AF_Packet Bridge NICs

Stephen Watson steve at mansfieldweather.com
Tue Aug 30 06:35:40 UTC 2016

I've got half a dozen Suricata boxes running.   Previously I have been able
to run 2 NICs for the AF_Packet bridge and still SSH in on port 22 for
administration using one of those NICs.

I just setup a new box, this one on Centos 7 (other are Centos 5.5 to 6.4)
and I cannot SSH into the NICs used for AF_packet while Suricata is running.

Also from console I see Suricata can't access the internet outbound either
when suricate is running.

I've tried lots of stuff but it won't budge.   Any ideas on opening up the
AF_packet interface so they are available while suricate is running ?