[Oisf-devel] PDF and SWF file decompressor/parser

amit zala impmails67 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 12:52:09 UTC 2016

Hi,

AFAIK, both pdf and swf use same decompression algorithms.
So, Are you also writing parser for swf? "OR" based on initial few bytes
(zws/fws) you are applying your decompression algorithms?

I am asking this because, In snort they have file decompression code and
they use it for both pdf & swf.
They parse few bytes in swf to determine which decompression algo is being
used.
In Pdf, with the help of /filter object they determine which decompression
algo is used.

Are we going to do the same thing for suricata?
OR
Is it just a simple swf decompressor?

Thanks
Amit