[Oisf-devel] Suricata 10gbps

Sherine Davis (Security Engineering) sherine.davis at flipkart.com
Fri Jul 1 07:03:08 UTC 2016

I have been using Suricata 3.0.1 for setting up a network monitoring tool .
The main objective of my tool is to able to generate pcap log at 10Gbps . I
have been able to scale upto 1Gbps. But scaling further is generating a
need for me to monitor how Suricata is generating those pcap logs and how
are the exceptions(generated by the OS) handled if the incoming traffic
fills up the file IO buffer . It would be fantastic if you could tell me
exactly where to peep in to gain this knowledge.
Hoping for an early reply.
Thank you