[Oisf-devel] FOSDEM 2017

Charles-H.Schulz charles.schulz at ssi.gouv.fr
Fri Jul 29 09:26:55 UTC 2016

Hello again

I guess there should be another mailing list for non technical stuff but
I was not able to find it and anyway this is somewhat relevant here.

Every year in Europe there's a major technical event centered on Free &
Open Source Software called FOSDEM. I'm sure some of you already know
about this. They do usually have a security track but I was wondering if
we could have Suricata oriented talks for the next edition (early
February 2017 in Brussels). Also, we could have a booth staffed with
volunteers. I'm happy to help with that if people here are interested.
While I do not guarantee the booth as the demand is quite high and the
space availability is low, a few talks could be in order.

The call for participation has been published and we are encouraged to
submit talks asap (again, the demand is high, the audience is technical
and rather expert):
https://fosdem.org/2017/news/2016-07-20-call-for-participation/

Hope this helps,
--
Charles-H. Schulz

Agence Nationale de la Sécurité des Systèmes d'Information (ANSSI)
Sous-direction Expertise
Bureau Politique Industrielle & Assistance
Tél: +33 (0)1 71 75 88 04