[Oisf-devel] Compiling Suricata 5.0.0 with rustc

Shivani Bhardwaj shivanib134 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 05:26:28 UTC 2020

Hi, Venkat!

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 1:51 AM Venkat Rajagopalan
<vrajagopalan at vmware.com> wrote:

> I have a question - when compiling Suricata 5.0.0, rustc version 1.33+ is mandatory. Is there any way to specify the installation bin and lib directories of rustc via configure?

Seems like configure is picking up the rustc and cargo versions from
the ones installed on your PATH. You could check what would that be by
running "rustc --version" and "cargo --version".
You could install rust and make sure its in your PATH as per your
available access (https://www.rust-lang.org/tools/install).
Suricata shall try to use the same rustc and cargo.

Let me know if its unclear or you need any further assistance.

> I don't have permissions to install rustc to usual locations like /usr/bin on my machine.
>
> Any help would be great!

Shivani
https://about.me/shivani.bhardwaj