[Oisf-users] memcap_drop in stats.log

Gene Albin gene.albin at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 03:17:14 UTC 2011

What causes the tcp.segment_memcap_drop and the tcp.ssn_memcap_drop counters
to increment in the stats.log file?  I haven't found much of a description
or suggestions on what I can do to reduce the number.  Here is a cut from my
stats.log file:

tcp.sessions              | Decode & Stream           | 569818
tcp.ssn_memcap_drop       | Decode & Stream           | 0
tcp.pseudo                | Decode & Stream           | 94588
tcp.segment_memcap_drop   | Decode & Stream           | 11204200
tcp.stream_depth_reached  | Decode & Stream           | 14
detect.alert              | Detect                    | 13239

Thanks for any suggestions.

Gene

--
Gene Albin