[Discussion] Update

Matt Jonkman jonkman at jonkmans.com
Fri Dec 5 18:02:49 UTC 2008

An update on where we are and what's going on.

Most of what's happening is behind the scenes. We've gotten our
contracts and financials setup with DHS. Our accounting infrastructure
is setup and functioning (that was a load of fun) as well.

We are in discussions with the Software Freedom Law Center (the folks
that brought you the GPL among many other things) to setup the
consortium bylaws and framework so we can begin to cement the formal
relationships with our sponsors and contributors.

I believe we have a very ambitious feature list on the wiki. Thanks to
all for your contributions and discussion so far. Please keep it going,
especially I think in the areas of statistical analysis. That's
something we have to concentrate on, and something I believe we're going
to have to have outside (i.e. non-security geek) expertise to really do
right. Please keep your eyes open for relevant research and talented
statistically minded individuals we could bring into the project.

Please keep the discussion going, and I'll update again soon once we
have a draft consortium/board makeup ready for all to look at.

Matt

Matthew Jonkman
Emerging Threats
Phone 765-429-0398