[Discussion] Rules Syntax

Matt Jonkman jonkman at jonkmans.com
Thu Dec 18 21:10:33 UTC 2008

The first thing we'd like to do in technical terms is setup a rules
syntax. IMHO we have to dump the existing ways that's done and start
over with what we'll be doing for the next 10 years.

We're trying to plan a meetup where we can brainstorm in person, maybe
around RSA in california in a couple months. But I'd like to start a
discussion now.

So I think the best way to start to structure a syntax is to express
what we want to say in english. So here's one:

---

If someone thats not in a group I like and has a reputation that's not
more bad than this in the category relevant to the type of traffic this
is makes a full connection to me and does this particular bad thing then
add a .5 to their local reputation, if they're over 1.5 then block them
for 5 minutes.

---

Other examples of what you'd like to be able to say, in english, and
we'll start to find the similarities and begin to make a syntax.

Matt

Matthew Jonkman
Emerging Threats
Phone 765-429-0398