[Discussion] Hooks for Other than Blocking

Matt Jonkman jonkman at jonkmans.com
Sun Dec 21 18:13:07 UTC 2008

Claudio Criscione wrote:
>  Redirection could also be used to escalate to more CPU intensive checks
> (antiviruses?), or to provide human feedbacks in order to do some supervised
> learning.

I like that idea. Use circumstances to help decide if a binary needs to
be quarantined/av scanned. Maybe source, have we seen god/bad binaries
from this source before, size of the binary (haven't seen many 50meg
viruses of late), etc. What other factors might we consider?

>  Think about blocking some "high confidence" attacks and introducing some
> human interaction on more uncertain results in order to improve detection
> with time.

What kind of human interaction do you mean here? Human approval?

Matt

Matthew Jonkman
Emerging Threats
Phone 765-429-0398