[Discussion] Features

David Glosser david.glosser at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 00:56:20 UTC 2008

Going back to reputation scoring,  I think domains could be scored as well..

 Say reputation is from 0-100 (with 100 being bad enough to block:)

If a domain is on the same IP address as a bad site, it gets a score of 50.
If a domain is an adjacent IP address as a bad site, it gets a score of 30.
If a domain is on the same IP netblock as a bad site, it gets a score of 20.
If a domain is fast-flux, it gets a score of 30
If a domain has been registered within 30 days, it gets a score of 10.
If a domain has been used for malspam, it gets a score of 100.
etc.

This may be computationally intensive due to the reverse-ip lookups,
so it may have to refreshed  every night or so...