[Discussion] Features and Design Strategy

Matt Jonkman jonkman at jonkmans.com
Fri Oct 17 19:57:58 UTC 2008

Well put Martin. I definitely like the idea. It goes well with one of
the core things we need to do, let everything thread off away from the
flow of packets as possible.

So to generalize a bit more, we should strive to make anything possible
able to be hooked, or fed out to a side process as possible. Output of
course, but anything else as well. Just leave generic hook points any
process could pull data from fifo style.

This would likely be where we could let the extracted binaries come out
of the core processes as well.

Great concept to add, I'll get this into the wiki so we don't lose the
idea.

What challenges does anyone see in this concept?

What other advantages might we gain if we plan correctly?

Matt

Matthew Jonkman
Emerging Threats
Phone 765-429-0398