[Discussion] Features

Thorsten Holz thorsten.holz at informatik.uni-mannheim.de
Sat Oct 18 14:54:24 UTC 2008

On 18.10.2008, at 00:52, Victor Julien wrote:

> I've read some stuff about using (Nvidia) GPU's for hw acceleration.
> There are some papers about it. I also read about using GPU's to speed
> up ClamAV scanning. So maybe that would be useful to support as
> 'poormans' hw acceleration...

Pointers to the papers:

"Offloading IDS Computation to the GPU" - http://www.acsac.org/2006/
papers/74.pdf
"Gnort: High Performance Network Intrusion Detection Using Graphics
Processors" - http://www.ics.forth.gr/dcs/Activities/papers/
gnort.raid08.pdf
"A GPU-Based Multiple-Pattern Matching Algorithm for Network
Intrusion Detection Systems" - http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/
iel5/4482830/4482831/04482891.pdf?arnumber=4482891

I think the source code for these projects is not (yet?) public, but
perhaps the authors can publish their code.

Cheers,
   Thorsten