[Discussion] What are we making?

Andre Ludwig aludwig at packetspy.com
Sun Oct 19 02:31:49 UTC 2008

I doubt the intent of the DHS is to simply do good, they are most likely
much more focused on producing technology that allows them to
detect/mitigate/prevent attacks against critical components.  This of
course means detecting attacks that fly below the threshold of detection
for todays technology.  If it comes to "doing good" or detecting state
sponsored attacks against critical components (think custom attacks
against unknown vulns), i'm going to go out on a limb and say they would
rather protect the critical component vs the enduser.

What you are discussing still has value and merit but im not so sure it
is what should be focused on, but of course I am not the person to
decide such things.

Andre