[Discussion] Interesting project

Jason Lewis jlewis at packetnexus.com
Wed Oct 22 01:44:14 UTC 2008

I agree that some of these xml standards are bloated and probably
overkill.  My experience has been that all of these network devices use
their own format for data sharing and you end up having to write parsers
for each one.  The best solution is probably an open engine that would
allow someone to write input and output services.

My only concern is yet another IDS (or whatever) that ignores the
benefit of a standard that anyone could use.  For example, CVE has made
vulnerability reporting easier to process.

jas