[Discussion] new thread: biggest threats

Martin Holste mcholste at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 14:11:01 UTC 2008

Right, just like a network is a means, not an end.  You inspect the network
because you know the threats have to traverse it, and I would argue that
similarly, there is value in inspecting Javascript because like the network,
it is ubiquitously involved in malicious activity.  I'm suggesting a JIDS as
a plugin to a NIDS.