[Discussion] Non-tokenized preprocessor parameter lines

Martin Fong martin.fong at sri.com
Fri Feb 6 21:25:11 UTC 2009

Matt Jonkman wrote:

> Non-tokenized preprocessor parameter lines

Let me rephrase this into what I'd like (versus definition by
negation): It would be great if processor arguments could (optionally)
_include_ newlines to permit line-oriented parameter definition.  For
example, this would allow

     allow newlines

     preprocessor myPreprocessor:			\
	threshold = 1.0		# a description		\
	max_count = 10		# another description

     disallow newlines

where "[dis]allow newlines" would dictate the parameter token scanner
behavior.

      As a side issue, I'd also like more functionality in the mSplit
() replacement.  Specifically, it would be nice if it accepted 0
(zero) for max_strs and then dynamically allocate the requisite
members, particularly when the input is user-specified and thus
causing the maximum to be relatively unpredictable (e.g., IP
blacklists).

      Cheers!

      ...Martin