[Discussion] Just one question

Claudio Criscione c.criscione at securenetwork.it
Wed Mar 18 14:12:07 UTC 2009

On mercoledì 18 marzo 2009 14:44:21 Matt Jonkman wrote:

> I like your scoring idea.

;-) Thanks, that's what I've implemented in Masibty btw.

> Now will the new thing be 100% different from Snort? Likely not. We're
> trying to keep signature compatibility in some form to the old rules (no
> one wants to rewrite the last 10 years of signature intelligence).
[...]
> That help?

Definitely Matt, thank you. So

- We have a plugin which can emulate snort... or run snort as a plugin :)
- We have a "translator"
- We start up with "snort_ng" adding features to the core snort engine while
we eventually will move toward something different.

Which one is the roadmap? (i've been trying to follow up the project, but I
feel I'm lacking some project management info: my fault).

--
Claudio Criscione

Secure Network S.r.l.
Via Venezia, 23 - 20099 Sesto San Giovanni (MI) - Italia
Tel: +39 02.24126788 Mob: +39 392 3389178
email: c.criscione at securenetwork.it
web: www.securenetwork.it