[Discussion] The general rule of thumb for current Suricata hardware requirements

Jason Chambers jchambers.mlists at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 09:19:57 UTC 2012

Hello,

For those running Suricata in production: what level of performance are you
seeing in relation to traffic volume and analysis complexity ?  I'm trying
to estimate hardware requirements and when to scale, i.e., how much traffic
can a single 32-core server with 64GB RAM process ?   Assume PF_RING DNA.

I think current performance will only improve, especially when adding GPUs,
but that is likely to be a while.

Something like http://seclists.org/snort/2011/q3/411 would be helpful.

Comments welcome on or off-list.

Regards,