[Oisf-announce] Suricata 1.4.3 Available!

Victor Julien victor at inliniac.net
Fri Jun 21 08:38:44 UTC 2013

The OISF development team is pleased to announce Suricata 1.4.3. This is
a small but important update over the 1.4.2 release, fixing some
important bugs.

Get the new release here:
http://www.openinfosecfoundation.org/download/suricata-1.4.3.tar.gz

Fixes

- Fix missed detection in bytetest, bytejump and byteextract for
negative offset (#828)
- Fix IPS mode being unable to drop tunneled packets (#826)
- Fix OS X Unix Socket build (#829)

Special thanks

- Laszlo Madarassy
- Will Metcalf

Known issues & missing features

If you encounter issues, please let us know! As always, we are doing our
best to make you aware of continuing development and items within the
engine that are not yet complete or optimal.  With this in mind, please
notice the list we have included of known items we are working on.

See http://redmine.openinfosecfoundation.org/projects/suricata/issues
for an up to date list and to report new issues. See
http://redmine.openinfosecfoundation.org/projects/suricata/wiki/Known_issues
for a discussion and time line for the major issues.

About Suricata

Suricata is a high performance Network IDS, IPS and Network Security
Monitoring engine. Open Source and owned by a community run non-profit
foundation, the Open Information Security Foundation (OISF). Suricata is
developed by the OISF, its supporting vendors and the community.