[Oisf-announce] Reminder: Call for Nominations - OISF 2014 Board of Directors

Victor Julien victor at inliniac.net
Wed Jan 8 17:05:25 UTC 2014

Reminder: please submit your nomination before the 14th!

The Open Information Security Foundation is preparing hold the annual
Board of Director elections and are putting out a call for nominations.
We are anticipating 2014 to be one of the most important and exciting
years for OISF and Suricata.  Therefore, we are looking for candidates
in the security and open source community willing to serve as advisors
on our board of directors.  The call for nominations begins today until
January 14, 2014.

Please consider joining our Board of Directors or nominating someone
else who would be a great asset to the foundation.  Online elections
will begin January 15, 2014.

But you may be asking yourself a few important questions:

1. As a board member what will I be asked to do?
The OISF Board of Directors meet quarterly to review foundation
activities, upcoming events, financial status and strategic objectives.
 Meetings are held via conference call and pre-scheduled to respect the
busy schedules of our board members.  Board members are also expected to
actively provide expertise, advice and professional connections
necessary to help OISF make great strides both   technologically and
financially.

2. How large is the OISF board?
The 2013 OISF board currently consisted of 5 members - Joel Ebrahimi,
Jose Nazario, Richard Bejtlich, Matt Jonkman and Kelley Misata.  It is a
1 year term, therefore, all board members are up for re-election each
calendar year.  For 2014 we are adding 2 additional seats - expanding to
7 members.  This will allow all  board members to have a voice on the
strategic direction of OISF over the course of this very exciting year.

3. What is in it for me if I become an OISF board member?
As a board member you will have the opportunity to steer an innovative
and cutting edge open source technology, to be an integral part of the
decision making process for OISF and have a beneficiary priority status
in all OISF and Suricata related public or private events.  Board
members will also be publicly thanked on the OISF website with
professional details on the contacts pages.

4. I'm interested in nominating myself or someone I know - how do I do it?
It's simple - submit your name, employer and a brief statement outlining
your experience and reasons for running to be on the OISF board to
info at openinfosecfoundation.org by 5 pm EST Tuesday, January 14, 2014.
Please note, the information provided in the nomination will be included
on the election ballots so please be brief.

Elections will begin Wednesday, January 15th and conclude on Monday,
January 24th.  The 2014 OISF Board Members will then be announced on
Tuesday, January 25th.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out to us
directly at info at openinfosecurityfoundation.org OR reply to list to
start a conversation with the community about this process.

Thank you,
The OISF Team