[Oisf-announce] Suricata 2.0rc2 Available!

Victor Julien victor at inliniac.net
Thu Mar 6 13:43:25 UTC 2014

The OISF development team is proud to announce Suricata 2.0rc2, the
second release candidate for Suricata 2.0.

Notable changes

- eve-log is now enabled by default
- SSH parser is re-enabled
- SSH logging was added to 'eve-log'
- bundled libhtp was updated to 0.5.10

Download

Get the new release here:
http://www.openinfosecfoundation.org/download/suricata-2.0rc2.tar.gz

All closed tickets

- Feature #952: Add VLAN tag ID to all outputs
- Feature #953: Add QinQ tag ID to all outputs
- Feature #1012: Introduce SSH log
- Feature #1118: app-layer protocols http memcap - info in verbose mode (-v)
- Feature #1119: restore SSH protocol detection and parser
- Bug #611: fp: rule with ports matching on portless proto
- Bug #985: default config generates rule warnings and errors
- Bug #1021: 1.4.6: conf_filename not checked before use
- Bug #1089: SMTP: move depends on uninitialised value
- Bug #1090: FTP: Memory Leak
- Bug #1091: TLS-Handshake: Uninitialized value
- Bug #1092: HTTP: Memory Leak
- Bug #1108: suricata.yaml config parameter - segfault
- Bug #1109: PF_RING vlan handling
- Bug #1110: Can have the same Pattern ID (pid) for the same pattern but
different case flags
- Bug #1111: capture stats at exit incorrect
- Bug #1112: tls-events.rules file missing
- Bug #1115: nfq: exit stats not working
- Bug #1120: segv with pfring/afpacket and eve-log enabled
- Bug #1121: crash in eve-log
- Bug #1124: ipfw build broken

Special thanks

We'd like to thank the following people and corporations for their
contributions and feedback:

- Ken Steele -- Tilera
- Jason Ish -- Endace/Emulex
- Tom Decanio -- nPulse
- Jack Flemming
- Marc-Andre Heroux

Known issues & missing features

This is a "release candidate"-quality release so the stability should be
good although unexpected corner cases might happen. If you encounter
one, please let us know! As always, we are doing our best to make you
aware of continuing development and items within the engine that are not
yet complete or optimal.  With this in mind, please notice the list we
have included of known items we are working on.

See http://redmine.openinfosecfoundation.org/projects/suricata/issues
for an up to date list and to report new issues. See
http://redmine.openinfosecfoundation.org/projects/suricata/wiki/Known_issues
for a discussion and time line for the major issues.

About Suricata

Suricata is a high performance Network IDS, IPS and Network Security
Monitoring engine. Open Source and owned by a community run non-profit
foundation, the Open Information Security Foundation (OISF). Suricata is
developed by the OISF, its supporting vendors and the community.