[Oisf-announce] Suricata 3.0RC3 is out

Victor Julien victor at inliniac.net
Mon Dec 21 15:02:27 UTC 2015

We're happy to announce Suricata 3.0RC3. RC3 fixes a few issues in RC2
that require some more testing. The plan is to release the stable
quickly after the holidays, so please help us test this release!

*Fixes*

Bug #1632: Fail to download large file with browser
Bug #1634: Fix non thread safeness of Prelude analyzer
Bug #1640: drop log crashes
Bug #1645: Race condition in unix manager
Bug #1647: FlowGetKey flow-hash.c:240 segmentation fault (master)
Bug #1650: DER parsing issue (master)

*Get the release here:*
http://www.openinfosecfoundation.org/download/suricata-3.0RC3.tar.gz

*Special thanks*

We'd like to thank the following people and corporations for their
contributions and feedback:

Mark Webb-Johnson
Nick Jones
Hayder Sinan
Samiux A

*About Suricata*

Suricata is a high performance Network IDS, IPS and Network Security
Monitoring engine. Open Source and owned by a community run non-profit
foundation, the Open Information Security Foundation (OISF). Suricata is
developed by the OISF, its supporting vendors and the community.

If you need help installing, updating, validating and tuning Suricata we
have a training program. Please see http://suricata-ids.org/training/

For support options also see http://suricata-ids.org/support/