[Oisf-announce] Suricata 2.0.6 Available!

Victor Julien victor at inliniac.net
Thu Jan 15 09:48:28 UTC 2015

The OISF development team is pleased to announce Suricata 2.0.6. This
release fixes a number of issues in the 2.0 series.

Get the new release here:
http://www.openinfosecfoundation.org/download/suricata-2.0.6.tar.gz

The most important part is the fixing of evasion issues, therefore
upgrading is highly recommended!

Changes

- Bug #1364: evasion issues
- Bug #1337: output-json: duplicate logging
- Bug #1325: tls detection leads to tcp stream reassembly sequence gaps
(IPS)
- Bug #1192: Suricata does not compile on OS X/Clang due to redefinition
of string functions
- Bug #1183: pcap: cppcheck warning

Special thanks

We'd like to thank the following people and corporations for their
contributions and feedback:

- Martin Küchler

Known issues & missing features

If you encounter issues, please let us know! As always, we are doing our
best to make you aware of continuing development and items within the
engine that are not yet complete or optimal. With this in mind, please
notice the list we have included of known items we are working on. See
http://redmine.openinfosecfoundation.org/projects/suricata/issues for an
up to date list and to report new issues. See
http://redmine.openinfosecfoundation.org/projects/suricata/wiki/Known_issues
for a discussion and time line for the major issues.

About Suricata

Suricata is a high performance Network IDS, IPS and Network Security
Monitoring engine. Open Source and owned by a community run non-profit
foundation, the Open Information Security Foundation (OISF). Suricata is
developed by the OISF, its supporting vendors and the community.