[Oisf-announce] Suricata 3.0RC1 is out!

Victor Julien victor at inliniac.net
Wed Nov 25 14:17:48 UTC 2015

We're happy to announce Suricata 3.0RC1. This release replaces 2.1beta4
as the new development release. The plan is to release the stable within
a few weeks, so please help us test this release!

*Lots of improvements:*
- Multi-tenancy for detection
- Big email logging update by Eric Leblond
- Work on Lua and JSON output for various protocols by Mats Klepsland
- Redis output support by Eric Leblond
- JSON output for stats, rules profiling
- Colorized output on the commandline
- Support for the base64_decode and base64_data keywords by Jason Ish
- TLS and DNS lua support
- file_data support for SMTP by Giuseppe Longo
- Support wild cards in rule loading by Alexander Gozman

*Packet capture got a lot of love:*
- PF_RING optimizations by Alfredo Cardigliano
- Netmap updates by Aleksey Katargin
- AF_PACKET updated by Eric Leblond
- DAG fixes by Stephen Donnelly

*Other than that, lots of cleanups and optimizations:*
- stateful detection overhaul
- stream engine updates

*Get the release here:*
http://www.openinfosecfoundation.org/download/suricata-3.0RC1.tar.gz

*Special thanks*

We’d like to thank the following people for their contributions and
feedback:
 - Alexander Gozman
 - Mats Klepsland
 - Giuseppe Longo
 - Alfredo Cardigliano
 - Aleksey Katargin
 - Alessandro Guido
 - Antti Tönkyrä
 - Tom DeCanio
 - Aaron Campbell
 - DIALLO David
 - David Cannings
 - Helmut Schaa
 - Jeff Barber
 - Schnaffon
 - Torgeir Natvig
 - Zachary Rasmor
 - Alexandre Macabies
 - Stephen Donnelly

*Known issues & missing features*

In a development release like this things may not be as polished yet. So
please handle with care. That said, if you encounter issues, please let
us know! As always, we are doing our best to make you aware of
continuing development and items within the engine that are not yet
complete or optimal.  With this in mind, please notice the list we have
included of known items we are working on.

See http://redmine.openinfosecfoundation.org/projects/suricata/issues
for an up to date list and to report new issues. See
http://redmine.openinfosecfoundation.org/projects/suricata/wiki/Known_issues
for a discussion and time line for the major issues.

*Training & Support*

Need help installing, updating, validating and tuning Suricata? We have
a training program: see http://suricata-ids.org/training/

For support options also see http://suricata-ids.org/support/

*About Suricata*

Suricata is a high performance Network IDS, IPS and Network Security
Monitoring engine. Open Source and owned by a community run non-profit
foundation, the Open Information Security Foundation (OISF). Suricata is
developed by the OISF, its supporting vendors and the community.