[Oisf-announce] Suricata 3.1.1 released!

Victor Julien victor at inliniac.net
Wed Jul 13 08:40:39 UTC 2016

We're pleased to announce *Suricata 3.1.1*.

Get the release here:
http://www.openinfosecfoundation.org/download/suricata-3.1.1.tar.gz

*Changes*

Feature #1775: Lua: SMTP-support
Bug #1419: DNS transaction handling issues
Bug #1515: Problem with Threshold.config when using more than one IP
Bug #1664: Unreplied DNS queries not logged when flow is aged out
Bug #1808: Can't set thread priority after dropping privileges.
Bug #1821: Suricata 3.1 fails to start on CentOS6
Bug #1839: suricata 3.1 configure.ac says >=libhtp-0.5.5, but
>=libhtp-0.5.20 required
Bug #1840: --list-keywords and --list-app-layer-protos not working
Bug #1841: libhtp 0.5.21
Bug #1844: netmap: IPS mode doesn't set 2nd iface in promisc mode
Bug #1845: Crash on disabling a app-layer protocol when it's logger is
still enabled
Optimization #1846: af-packet: improve thread calculation logic
Optimization #1847: rules: don't warn on empty files

Note to PF_RING users: upgrade to 6.4.1+. It fixes a critical zero copy
issue that can lead to crashes and missed alerts/events.

*Special thanks*

CoverityScan and the Casec Bachelors group: Lauritz Prag Sømme, Levi
Tobiassen, Stian Hoel Bergseth, Vinjar Hillestad

*Known issues & missing features*

In a release candidate like this things may not be as polished yet. So
please handle with care. That said, if you encounter issues, please let
us know! As always, we are doing our best to make you aware of
continuing development and items within the engine that are not yet
complete or optimal.  With this in mind, please notice the list we have
included of known items we are working on.

See http://redmine.openinfosecfoundation.org/projects/suricata/issues
for an up to date list and to report new issues. See
http://redmine.openinfosecfoundation.org/projects/suricata/wiki/Known_issues
for a discussion and time line for the major issues.

*SuriCon 2.0*

Join us in Washington, D.C. November 9-11 for the 2nd Suricata User
Conference. http://suricon.net/

*Training & Support*

Need help installing, updating, validating and tuning Suricata? We have
trainings coming up. September 12-16 in Paris, November 7 & 8 in
Washington, D.C.: see http://suricata-ids.org/training/

For support options also see http://suricata-ids.org/support/

*About Suricata*

Suricata is a high performance Network Threat Detection, IDS, IPS and
Network Security Monitoring engine. Open Source and owned by a community
run non-profit foundation, the Open Information Security Foundation
(OISF). Suricata is developed by the OISF, its supporting vendors and
the community.