[Oisf-announce] Please help us test Suricata 3.0.1RC1

Victor Julien victor at inliniac.net
Wed Mar 23 12:59:05 UTC 2016

Hi all,

We're hoping for your feedback on a new release: Suricata 3.0.1RC1.
We've fixed many issues in 3.0, including important stability issues and
memory leaks. A final is expected within a week or so.

Get the new release here:
http://www.openinfosecfoundation.org/download/suricata-3.0.1RC1.tar.gz

New Features

- Feature #1535: Expose the certificate itself in TLS-lua
- Feature #1696: improve logged flow_id
- Feature #1700: enable "relro" and "now" in compile options for 3.0
- Feature #1734: gre: support transparent ethernet bridge decoding
- Feature #1740: Create counters for decode-events errors
- updated bundled libhtp to 0.5.19

Fixes

Many issues were fixed, including stability issues and many (potential)
memory leaks.
Full list: https://redmine.openinfosecfoundation.org/versions/81

Special thanks

We'd like to thank the following people and corporations for their
contributions and feedback:

 FireEye, ANSSI, Emerging Threats / Proofpoint, Stamus Networks,
 NorCert, Ntop, Lastline, AFL project, CoverityScan

 Tom Decanio, Mats Klepsland, Alexander Gozman, Aleksey Katargin
 Maurizio Abba, Alessandro Guido, David Diallo, Giuseppe Longo
 Jon Zeolla, Andreas Moe, Nicolas Thill, Travis Green, bladeswords
 Alfredo Cardigliano, Rob Mosher, Andre ten Bohmer

*About Suricata*

Suricata is a high performance Network IDS, IPS and Network Security
Monitoring engine. Open Source and owned by a community run non-profit
foundation, the Open Information Security Foundation (OISF). Suricata is
developed by the OISF, its supporting vendors and the community.

November 9-11 we'll be in Washington, DC, for our 2nd Suricata User
Conference: http://suricon.net

If you need help installing, updating, validating and tuning Suricata we
have a training program. Please see http://suricata-ids.org/training/

For support options also see http://suricata-ids.org/support/