[Oisf-announce] Suricata 3.1.2 released!

Victor Julien victor at inliniac.net
Wed Sep 7 08:54:57 UTC 2016

We're pleased to announce *Suricata 3.1.2*. This release fixes some
important issues, so we highly recommend updating.

Get the release here:
http://www.openinfosecfoundation.org/download/suricata-3.1.2.tar.gz

*Changes*

Feature #1830: support 'tag' in eve log
Feature #1870: make logged flow_id more unique
Feature #1874: support Cisco Fabric Path / DCE
Feature #1885: eve: add option to log all dropped packets
Feature #1886: dns: output filtering
Bug #1849: ICMPv6 incorrect checksum alert if Ethernet FCS is present
Bug #1853: fix dce_stub_data buffer
Bug #1854: unified2: logging of tagged packets not working
Bug #1856: PCAP mode device not found
Bug #1858: Lots of TCP 'duplicated option/DNS malformed request data'
after upgrading from 3.0.1 to 3.1.1
Bug #1878: dns: crash while logging sshfp records
Bug #1880: icmpv4 error packets can lead to missed detection in tcp/udp
Bug #1884: libhtp 0.5.22

*Special thanks*

Kirill Shipulin - Positive Technologies, Christoffer Hallstensen - NTNU
Gjøvik, Pedro Marinho - Proofpoint, Tom Decanio - FireEye, Coverity Scan

*SuriCon 2.0*

Join us in Washington, D.C. November 9-11 for the 2nd Suricata User
Conference. Agenda and speakers are now available, including keynote
speakers Ron Gula and Liam Randall. Please see: http://suricon.net/

*Training & Support*

Need help installing, updating, validating, tuning or extending
Suricata? We have trainings coming up. September 12-16 in Paris,
November 7 & 8 in Washington, D.C.: see http://suricata-ids.org/training/

For support options also see http://suricata-ids.org/support/

*About Suricata*

Suricata is a high performance Network Threat Detection, IDS, IPS and
Network Security Monitoring engine. Open Source and owned by a community
run non-profit foundation, the Open Information Security Foundation
(OISF). Suricata is developed by the OISF, its supporting vendors and
the community.