[Oisf-announce] Suricata 4.0.0-rc2 ready for testing!

Victor Julien victor at inliniac.net
Thu Jul 13 15:42:50 UTC 2017

We are proud to announce that the second release candidate for the
upcoming *Suricata 4.0.0* is ready for your testing.

We're aiming for a final 4.0.0 release about 2 weeks from now. Please
help us test!

Get the release from
https://www.openinfosecfoundation.org/download/suricata-4.0.0-rc2.tar.gz

*Changes*

Feature #744: Teredo configuration
Feature #1748: lua: expose tx in alert lua scripts
Bug #1855: alert number output
Bug #1888: noalert in a pass rule disables the rule
Bug #1957: PCRE lowercase enforcement in http_host buffer does not allow
for upper case in hex-encoding
Bug #1958: Possible confusion or bypass within the stream engine with
retransmits.
Bug #2110: isdataat: keyword memleak
Bug #2162: rust/nfs: reachable asserting rust panic
Bug #2175: rust/nfs: panic - 4.0.0-dev (rev 7c25a2d)
Bug #2176: gcc 7.1.1 'format truncation' compiler warnings
Bug #2177: asn1/der: stack overflow

*Special thanks*

AFL project, Abdullah Ada

*Trainings*

Developer Training in Cork, Ireland. September 11 to 15:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/5-day-suricata-developer-training-ireland-tickets-33676049972
Hosted by FireEye.

User Training at SuriCon 2017, in Prague:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2-day-suricata-training-suricon-2017-tickets-32303327121

*SuriCon 2017*

Come meet the Suricata community and development team to discuss all
things Suricata at the third edition of the annual Suricata Conference.
SuriCon 2017 will be in November in Prague: https://suricon.net

*About Suricata*

Suricata is a high performance Network Threat Detection, IDS, IPS and
Network Security Monitoring engine. Open Source and owned by a community
run non-profit foundation, the Open Information Security Foundation
(OISF). Suricata is developed by the OISF, its supporting vendors and
the community.