[Oisf-announce] NEW Suricata Online Training Available NOW!

Kelley Misata kmisata at oisf.net
Mon Jan 22 16:30:57 UTC 2018

We are thrilled to announce the new Suricata online training,
*Intrusion Detection
with Suricata*, provided by Applied Network Defense at www.learnsuricata.com.

Designed and delivered by the OISF core team this training will help you
get started with Suricata. Perfect for beginners OR those who want to brush
up before coming to one of our live training events!

This online curriculum covers the *basics* of:

   - How to install and configure Suricata in test, development, and
   production environments.
   - Techniques for capturing network data for Suricata, including the use
   of high-performance capture drivers like AFPACKET.
   - Review all Suricata's output modes and choose the one that best fits
   your needs
   - Gain a basic understanding of the Suricata rule language
   - Use the rule language to build signatures from real-world attack
   packet captures
   - Deploy and customize public rule sets like the one from Emerging
   Threats
   - Use EveBox and JQ to manipulate Suricata output and launch
   investigations from the alerts it generates
   - Practical deployment advice
   - and exercises to practice your skills.

To take *Intrusion Detection with Suricata* visit - www.learnsuricata.com
*. *

*Note: a portion of the proceeds from this online training goes directly to
funding and sustaining Suricata. *

The OISF Team

--
*Kelley Misata, Ph.D.*