[Oisf-announce] Suricata 4.1 beta 1 ready for testing!

Victor Julien victor at inliniac.net
Fri Mar 23 13:36:00 UTC 2018

We are proud to announce that the first beta release for the upcoming
*Suricata 4.1* is ready for testing. This release is brought to you by
the OISF development team with the help 25 community contributors.

Download:
https://www.openinfosecfoundation.org/download/suricata-4.1.0-beta1.tar.gz

We invite everyone to test this release and report your experiences to us.

*Main features additions*

SMBv1/2/3 parsing, logging, file extraction
AF_PACKET XDP and eBPF support for high speed packet capture
JA3 TLS client fingerprinting
HTTP: handle sessions that only have a response, or start with a response
Windows: MinGW is now supported
File extraction v2: deduplication; hash-based naming; json metadata and
cleanup tooling
Eve metadata: from rules (metadata keyword) and traffic (flowbits etc)
Pcap directory mode: process all pcaps in a directory
Detect: transformation support
Eve: new more compact DNS record format
TFTP: basic logging
HTTP Flash file decompression support
All tickets: https://redmine.openinfosecfoundation.org/versions/105

*Special thanks*

Giuseppe Longo, Mats Klepsland, Pierre Chifflier, Ralph Broenink,
Wolfgang Hotwagner, Danny Browning, Pascal Delalande, Jesper Dangaard
Brouer, Maurizio Abba, Alexander Gozman, Antoine LUONG, David DIALLO,
Martin Natano, Ruslan Usmanov, Alfredo Cardigliano, Antti Tönkyrä,
Brandon Sterne, Clément Galland, Dana Helwig, Daniel Humphries, Gaurav
Singh, Nick Price, Philippe Antoine, Thomas Andrejak, Jason Taylor

*SuriCon 2018*

Come meet the Suricata community and development team to discuss all
things Suricata at the fourth edition of the annual Suricata Conference.
SuriCon 2018 will be held in November in Vancouver, Canada:
https://suricon.net

Our call for presentations is still open, so please submit your ideas!

Also, we're still looking for sponsors for the event.

*About Suricata*

Suricata is a high performance Network Threat Detection, IDS, IPS and
Network Security Monitoring engine. Open Source and owned by a community
run non-profit foundation, the Open Information Security Foundation
(OISF). Suricata is developed by the OISF, its supporting vendors and
the community.