[Oisf-devel] Suricata 1.0.0 released

Will Metcalf william.metcalf at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 15:25:52 UTC 2010

> Congrats!

Thanks Martin!

> Can you briefly describe the current state of the CUDA support?  Is it
> refined enough that performance is better when using CUDA?  I believe
> that in the early stages of development it was stated that non-CUDA
> was still faster than using CUDA.  Also, has anyone tested it using
> SLI?  This is really exciting stuff as the count of on-board stream
> processors continues to grow by leaps and bounds on these video cards
> every month!

To be honest we haven't done much more performance testing, but the
packet batching code is now there i.e. sending multiple packets at
once to the graphics card.  If you have the cycles take it for a spin
and let us know ;-)..  We will be doing more testing/refining of this
code but as of now it is still experimental.  Just to rehash to build
with cuda support you simply...

./configure --enable-cuda

edit the suricata.yaml file and set

mpm-algo: b2g