[Oisf-devel] Crashing

Victor Julien victor at inliniac.net
Tue Feb 8 17:53:45 UTC 2011

On 02/08/2011 12:18 PM, Brant Wells wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm currently running Suricata 1.1 Beta1 (downloaded from site)...  The
> system runs fine for several hours or days (I don't know which)... and
> then mysteriously it will crash.  The only reason I notice, is that BASE
> quits adding new entries to its list.
>
> I just downloaded the GIT version and am just curious as to whether or
> not there are some special ./configure options or places in the
> suricata.yaml that I can look to find a crash log or stack trace or
> something.

No there are no such options. Suricata is normally built with symbols
enabled so you should be able to get a backtrace if you enabled core
dumps before starting Suricata.

Before starting Suricata do:
ulimit -c unlimited

That should get you a core dump. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Cheers,
Victor