[Oisf-devel] Improved PF_RING support, please test!

Victor Julien victor at inliniac.net
Mon Feb 28 20:23:23 UTC 2011

Hey guys,

I know a couple of you are running PF_RING in a high speed environment.
The attached patch means to improve it's performance. It adds a new
option called "pfring.threads" that controls the number of reader
threads the pfring code uses. I've tested (lightly) with 1, 4 and 8
which all worked fine. There are some more improvements, including the
removal of one memcpy per packet...

The patch is against the current git master. Looking forward to any
feedback!

Cheers,
Victor