[Oisf-devel] [Emerging-Sigs] More "Unknown type of Driveby Sigs"

Kevin Ross kevross33 at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 25 19:55:49 UTC 2011

actually that just gave me an idea for something that could be put into
Suricata and that is the option to set a flowbit in a kind of noalert state
for the second stage and then only if the second stage fires then an alert
is generated for the noalert type sig. That means in this case we would be
able to suppress noisy FP sigs but we then consider the second part (the
download) to be indicative of an exploit kit and so we may want to generate
an alert for the first part only if confirmed. So it is a noalert unless
the next sig fires then alert on this too.